There’s a lot to look forward to in 2019 (a certain blog is turning 10!) and this final weekend of 2018 is a great way to close out another exciting year in Ottawa. Read on for a roundup of New Year’s Eve events and have a fun, safe weekend!
Looking for a coworking space? Impact Hub hosts an open house every Thursday at 11am where you can learn about the space. For more of what goes on at Impact Hub, check out some articles by Apt613’s Impact Hub correspondent.
Get ready for the cold winter ahead at the Museum of Nature’s Nature Nocturne: White Out. Dig into snowy nature activities, see how animals survive the cold and get creative with snowy art. For an extra $5, you can visit the live butterflies exhibition (but be sure to reserve your spot online ahead of time!).
Looking for live music this weekend? Black Squirrel Books is hosting Michael C. Duguay with Ryan J. West, Claude Munson and Kate Boothman. Want a bigger party? Head to the EY Centre for Pulse 2018 featuring Galantis, Laidback Luke and CID.
Catch up with friends over brunch at Andaz’s Rooftop Beats + Brunch. December’s brunch theme: the best of 2018, featuring chicken and waffles with spicy maple sauce, french toast with rum maple syrup and mini tuna poke, and more! Reserve your spot online.
Beyond the Pale’s weekly Family Feast Day continues right through the holidays. No need to pre-book your spot. Head to City Centre and enjoy some Smoque Shack treats (mmm nachos) and tasty beers.
And just like that, we’ve hit the last day of 2018! With too many options to name them all, here are a few highlights of where to welcome 2019:
- Jackson at the Ottawa Art Gallery is hosting a party inspired by Studio 54: New Years at the Disco. In addition to offering up a great place to ring in the new year, the event will be raising funds for Mealshare to help provide meals to youth in need.
- Dominion City’s Brew Year’s Eve with DJ Zattar, charcuterie and late night snack bar, midnight toast and from away taps. Ticket includes your first beer, snacks and midnight toast.
- Ring in the New Year’s with one of the best views of Ottawa from atop the Andaz hotel in the ByWard Market at the Countdown with Copper.
- Clover Food and Drinks has joined up with Small Pony Barrel Works to offer a Funky New Years. There’s limited seating for the five-course, paired tasting menu with Ottawa’s only all barrel-aged sour beer brewery, Small Pony Barrel Works.
- The Scottish Society of Ottawa is hosting the 7th Annual Hogman-eh!, a free New Year’s Celebration, Scottish style, at the Aberdeen Pavilion. Ring in the new year at 7pm Ottawa time (midnight in Scotland) with a balloon drop, and then fireworks at midnight.
- The 27 Club is throwing a White Out Party, complete with speciality cocktails and a white chocolate fountain.
- For the eighth year in a row, the Annual New Year’s Eve Comedy Night brings top-notch Canadian comedians to laugh away the last hours of the year with you! Hear an interview with Nour Hadidi, one of the performers, on Apt613’s podcast.
- The Ottawa New Year’s Eve Charity Ball is a fundraiser for local organizations that support children with austism and special needs.
For more of what’s happening in Ottawa, check out our events calendar. Out snapping photos? Tag us on Instagram @apt613 for a chance to be featured on our feed. Be sure to use the hashtag #APT613 so we can share your photos!