The city has picked the food trucks and carts that will feed the city starting this Spring.
According to the city press release, a total of 61 applications were received and reviewed by a selection panel. These new options are in addition to the existing 44 licensed truck and cart food vendors.
A volunteer selection panel made up of made up of five members representing the Ontario Restaurant, Hotel & Motel Association (ORHMA), Ottawa Branch of the Canadian Culinary Federation, Savour Ottawa, Just Food and Ottawa Public Health reviewed the applications was . Vendors were chosen based on the proposed menu, business plan, level of vendor experience and the overall contribution to Ottawa’s street food scene.
The City of Ottawa is pleased to announce the following successful applicants:
- Benjamin Baird: Ottawa “Streat” Gourmet – Fresh, local and seasonal ever-changing menu – North side of Queen, west of O’Connor
- Layne Belcher and Mathew Hinds: Urban Cowboy – Texan street food – East side of Bank, north of Glen
- Peter G. Bowen: Health conscious foodie friendly locally sourced cuisine – East side of Olmstead, south of Montreal Rd.
- Mario Burke: Ad Mare – Fish and seafood – South side of Slater, east of O’Connor
- Steven Dupras & Glen Galbraith: TURN rotisserie + kitchen: Turn yourself on to Ottawa’s best food truck! – North side of Argyle, east of O’Connor
- Mathew Gregoire & York Entertainment: Ragin’ Cajun – West side of Bank, north of Clemow
- Jacqueline Jolliffe: Stone Soup Foodworks – Creative blend of local soups, tacos and sandwiches – East side of Spadina, north of Wellington
- Jake Thomas: Dosa Inc. – South Indian crepes – South side of Somerset, west of Lyon
- Jason Tran: Chow Down – Asia snacks and meals – North side of Byron at Woodroffe
- Kin Tran: Asian-Fusion with a twist – North side of Gloucester, east of Lyon
- Tim Van Dyke: LUNCH – Fresh and local ingredients in wholesome soups, salads and sandwiches – North side of Albert, east of Lyon
- Wasi Choudhry: Olive Green – The South Asian food experience – location to be confirmed.
- Rodney Cummings: Royi Fruta Bar – Baked empanadas and fruit drinks – East side of Elgin, north of Laurier
- Gavin Hall: BOBITES: Best Organic Bites – Organic baked potatoes with seasonal toppings – East side of Metcalfe, south of Sparks
- Tarek Hassan: Gongfu Bao – Chinese steamed Asian buns –East side of Elgin, south of Slater
- Hana Jung: Roan Kitchen – Authentic Korean cuisine – West side of Bank between Albert & Slater
- Brian Nolan: SPOON – frozen yogurt – East side of O’Connor, south of Sparks
- Ulises Ortega: Churritos – Churro (traditional Mexican treats) – West side of O’Connor, south of Sparks
Update: CitizenRob has graciously created a map of where the new food trucks and carts can be found come the spring.
View Street food diversity in a larger map