This weekend marks the end of the year’s shortest month, which has managed to feel like the longest. We’ve almost come full circle, as we approach a full year in this weird pandemic world. With restrictions eased, there are in person events on the docket this weekend, complemented by a variety of online events if you aren’t yet ready to get back out there. Without further ado, here’s the lowdown on what’s up this weekend in Ottawa.
- The TRIAS Art Prize is the newest, biggest, shiniest local art prize in Ottawa—apply until July 30
- Dragonboat Festival preview: The Strumbellas return to Ottawa
- One artist’s reflection on 25 years of Ottawa Fringe
- Hello, dears! Nan’s Parlour is now open in Byward Market
- Ottawa Trans Library opens in Hintonburg