Large sheets of plexiglass hung from chains on the ceiling like a synthetic butcher’s shop. Lights reflect behind them, creating for all of us the same kind of blurred visualization of those who should wear glasses but don’t. The suspended sheets have since been removed, but the sweaty self-reflection remains. Otherwise unassuming, Irene’s is a pub that will reflect your assumptions, but on Sunday nights, Irene’s becomes a time capsule.
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire?
- MASC Interview: Craig Conoley helps students tell stories through video
- Atlético Ottawa play their season finale on Oct. 9—Get $5 off tickets
- Revolutionary Queer Art: General Idea HIV Exhibit at National Gallery of Canada until November 20, 2022
- Musical Arts Club of Ottawa Scholarship Fundraising Gala