Set in patriarchal and homophobic post-Soviet Kazakhstan, writer/director/producer Asel Aushakimova’s Welcome to the USA follows independent and brooding Aliya (marvellously played by Saltanat Nauruz) as she struggles with the news of having won an American Green Card through a lottery system.
- Chamberfest reveals plans for 2021 summer festival
- New dates for Jazzfest 2021
- #ottmusic weekly: Almyr Jules, Huguette Lavigne, Braden Foulkes added to the @apt613 playlist
- Theatre Review: The Coven at Youth Infringement Festival—until May 9
- Best of #APT613 this week