In 1893, George Gissing published a novel called The Odd Women. The title derived from the fact that there were a million more women than men in Victorian England. These “odd” women weren’t able to land a husband, and this had a severe economic impact on women. Gissing’s story was of three impoverished sisters – Alice, […]
- Hottawa: Great flavours and heat from seven local hot sauce makers
- Show your support for black Ottawa artists on Bandcamp today
- Interview: Dance teacher and choreographer Suzan Richards
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire ?
- Talking Albums: Marie-Clo