Don’t look for soothing water lilies in the current Monet exhibition at the National Gallery of Canada. Subtitled A Bridge to Modernity, this series of 12 paintings bring together visions of war and visions of hedonism. Monet becomes a prophet of the contradictions of the 20th century, what we’ve called modernity. Impressionist painters wanted to […]
- Happy first birthday to Saunders (Farm) Cider, plus everything new coming to the farm this year
- Ottawa muralist Emilie Darlington has a passion for colour and nature
- Past, present, future—Ballets Jazz Montréal’s Essence at the National Arts Centre August 11–12
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire?
- 5, 6, 7, 8: Dance studios in Ottawa/Gatineau