Much has been written about what became of H.F. Brading’s Victorian-era brewery come the 20th century, particularly regarding infamous Ottawa-born magnate E.P. Taylor, who parlayed it into a gigantic beer empire. Then there’s the small matter of the SECRET BEER TUNNEL under Lebreton Flats, built around 1945. I won’t be talking about any of that: This is the largely untold story of the man who started it all, Henry Fisher Brading (1836-1903), and his original Union Brewery.
- A chat with local musician Chase Van Dusen
- Ottawa creatives celebrated at the 2022 Ottawa Arts Council Arts Awards
- Call for submissions: ARTicipate create and performance grants—deadline May 24, 2022
- Ottawa Jazzfest back in full force for summer 2022
- Digital Museums Canada opens new call for proposals June 15