Haneen Alhassoun was 9 years old when she began writing poetry, in Arabic, about her homeland of Palestine. She wrote so many poems that her mother used to tease her, calling her names of Palestinian politicians. For Haneen, poetry was a means of expression that, at that young age, she wasn’t taking seriously and, eventually, she […]
- Takeout Talk: What are you ordering this weekend?
- From banquet to BBQ: Former hotel chef Pat Riggins has shifted gears to making homestyle family BBQ
- York Street Farmers’ Market looks to reinvigorate ByWard Market with local goods
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire?
- Video of the Week: “Invaders” by The PepTides wins Video of the Year at the Capital Music Awards