This weekend marks the end of the year’s shortest month, which has managed to feel like the longest. We’ve almost come full circle, as we approach a full year in this weird pandemic world. With restrictions eased, there are in person events on the docket this weekend, complemented by a variety of online events if you aren’t yet ready to get back out there. Without further ado, here’s the lowdown on what’s up this weekend in Ottawa.
- Video of the Week: “HINKYPUNK” by FakeKnot
- Bluesfest boasts a lineup of Canadian heavyweights—Sept. 23 to 25
- Interview: Can Roblox be art? A studio visit with Natalie Bruvels
- Call for projects: Residencies at DAÏMÔN, an artist-run centre in Vieux-Hull
- Ogham Craft Spirits: Distilling the Ottawa Valley’s flavours down to their essence