Ottawa author Mark Frutkin was drawn to write about the Baroque Italian artist Caravaggio (1571-1610) because he was intrigued with the parallels between the artist’s artwork and life. “It was definitely this dark and light aspect that fascinated me,” explains Frutkin. “Caravaggio’s character was so reflected in his artwork. He was brilliant and creative. But […]
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire?
- Classical Indian performing artist demonstrates her love for the natural world with new dance video
- Review: The Breathing Hole/Aglu foreshadows humanity’s cultural and ecological demise
- Ottawa arts and culture jobs—December 2022
- Space is part of the Land: Indigenous knowledges and colonization by light and satellite pollution