Large sheets of plexiglass hung from chains on the ceiling like a synthetic butcher’s shop. Lights reflect behind them, creating for all of us the same kind of blurred visualization of those who should wear glasses but don’t. The suspended sheets have since been removed, but the sweaty self-reflection remains. Otherwise unassuming, Irene’s is a pub that will reflect your assumptions, but on Sunday nights, Irene’s becomes a time capsule.
- Theatre Review: The Secrets of Primrose Square at The Gladstone—until June 11
- Theatre Review: The Anniversary at LabO—until May 28
- Vegans Who Snack food festival is bringing 40 local chefs and businesses to Parkdale Market—June 3, 2022
- OAG announces the Critics’ Choice selection for 2022 Give to Get Art Auction
- City of Ottawa offering assistance to people affected by storm