Visual artists often linked with Canada’s growing Afrofuturism movement include Ottawa’s Kalkidan Assefa and Komi Olaf, and their work shows not only imagination, but also commitment to addressing pressing political issues like police brutality.
- Video of the Week: “In Deep” by Miranda Martel
- #Support613 Gift Guide: Jewellery by local artisans
- #Support613 Gift Guide: Music for vinyl collectors
- Signs of our times at Loen Design
- #ottmusic weekly: Chrissy, Petr Cancura, Nick Schofield added to the @apt613 playlist