This week we say farewell to Ottawa’s venerable nightclub and music venue Zaphod Beeblebrox. In its 25 years of existence, Zaphod’s became a hub of Ottawa’s music scene, and nurtured our city’s alternative music communities.
Using the words of Douglas Adams (who wrote The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, which inspired the name of the club) and the music of just a few of the thousands of bands that have graced the stage at Zaphod’s, we say, “so long” (and thanks for all the fish).
- Three O’Clock Train – “Train of Dreams”
- Great Big Sea – “Ordinary Day”
- Ani DiFranco – “Falling Is Like This”
- Sam Roberts Band – “The Gate”
- The Rolling Stones – “Streets of Love”
- The Honest Heart Collective – “Haymaker”
- The Honest Heart Collective – “Peace for the Weary Soul”