As you head to the polls Monday, you’ve (hopefully) given though to who has earned your vote for Mayor and City Councillor. But what do you know about candidates running for school board trustee?
Arts Network Ottawa asked all the candidates, including school board trustee candidates, to gather their thoughts about the arts. You can read their responses to the Ottawa Culture Counts survey here. Read more in our arts and culture roundup.
Uniting for Children and Youth (UCY) was formed earlier this year by concerned local citizens who wish to bring fresh thinking to how we work with young people. This volunteer-run group quickly realized that somebody needed to take responsibility for engaging the public in school-board trustee elections, and it took on the task.
Due to limited resources, UCY is only covering the Ottawa Carleton District School Board (OCDSB) at this time, but they’ve asked all candidates questions related to five themes: Democratic Values, Systemic Innovation, Youth Empowerment, Equity and Inclusion, and Well-Being. The group encourages citizens to look at both the content of candidates’ responses and the leadership qualities they demonstrate by answering—or not.
Learn about candidates in your zone below. You can find a complete list of all candidates running for school board trustee on the City of Ottawa’s election website.
- Zone 1: West Carleton-March/Stittsville/Rideau-Goulbourn
- Zone 2: Kanata North/Kanata South
- Zone 3: Barrhaven/Knoxdale-Merivale
- Zone 4: Bay
- Zone 5: College
- Zone 6: Rideau-Rockcliffe/Alta Vista
- Zone 7: Gloucester-South Nepean/Osgoode
- Zone 8: Orleans-Cumberland
- Zone 9: Rideau-Vanier/Capital
- Zone 10: Somerset/Kitchissippi
- Zone 11: River/Gloucester-Southgate
- Zone 12: Innes/Beacon Hill-Cyrville