Stephen Bierbrier is a yogi, year round cyclist, runner, hiker, and community fitness advocate. In his spare time, he’s a superdad and a legal beagle. Follow his IG @ottfreefit for free fitness and wellness events in the 613.
You may have noticed some shifts in the 613 yoga landscape over the last year. Rama Lotus closed. Soul Speak opened. Rideau Sports Centre built a hot yoga studio. Yogatown opened a third studio in Barrhaven. The Gatineau Yoga Coop opened its doors too.
Well, if you are in YOGA DENIFALL (see: denial that it is fall), we have some great news… here are more than 20 Apartment613-approved yoga options to keep you grounded and zen this season.
- Full Moon Yoga (2 outdoor locations: Mooney’s Bay and Orléans). Saturday, September 14 at 9pm – FREE and last one of the season.
- Rideau Sports Centre (Vanier). RSC was already a full service yoga facility, but they took it to next level this summer when they built their brand new hot yoga studio. This provides Ottawa with the only yoga location to be able to offer Hot Bikram Yoga. Let us tell you that this class is HAWT. Tons of other yoga classes to choose from too. First one FREE!
- Bayshore Shopping Centre (3rd level next to Thyme Maternity). FREE yoga (Wednesday 6pm and Saturday 10am) and “baby and me” yoga (Tuesday 10am and Thursday 11am). Thank you Jenna Switzer!
- EPIC Fitness + Lifestyle (Beechwood). Intro unlimited month for $37. Great studio offering yoga classes 4 days/week. Great part is that you can try out some other classes too like HIIT, Meditation and my personal fav Animal Flow.
- Upward Dog (ByWard Market). Intro 30 days unlimited for $50. Student and senior discounts.
- Metta Movement & Meditation (Hintonburg). Intro 1st month $60. First time drop in $12.
- Yogatown (Little Italy, Stittsville, Barrhaven). $50 unlimited intro month. As well, Friday $5 karma classes are back at all three locations (Preston 7:30pm, Stittsville 6pm, and Barrhaven 6pm). Yes, we are pretty excited about the new location too!
- Elevate Yoga (Downtown). There are student, seniors, family, military and first responders discounts available. Plus, there’s a regular Friday 7:30pm “elevate your charity” donation (min $6) class!
- Soul Speak Yoga (Wellington West). Intro unlimited month $40. $5 SoulShare Warrior Flow (Friday 6pm).
- Pure Yoga (Downtown and Westboro). Intro unlimited month is $45 and can be purchased anytime. Student and senior discounts available. Also, karma classes at Westboro and Centretown most Fridays at 7:30pm for $5.
- PranaShanti (Hintonburg). Intro 30 day unlimited for $55. Friday 7:30pm $5 community class starts up again in September!
- Astanga Yoga (Downtown). Intro 4 weeks unlimited for $40.
- Evo Studio (Orléans). Friday 7:30pm is power yoga class $5
- Modo Yoga (Orléans). Intro 30 day unlimited for $50. Thursday 8pm is Modo Karma $8.
- Yoga Coop (Gatineau). Opened last year. Check out their open house on Sunday, September 15 from 9am-12pm.
- Government Yoga (Gatineau). On most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at noon, a FREE yoga class is offered to the public at 15 Eddy Street, 1st floor in an open real estate space near the Couche-Tard. Don’t be late ’cause doors close AT noon.
- Inner Soul Yoga & Cycle (Barrhaven). First class $5. All Friday classes are $10. Seniors, students and military discounts.
- Zen Owl Yoga (Sandy Hill). $15 drop-in classes. New studio so deets are slowly coming in.
- Beyond Yoga Studio and Wellness Centre (Kanata). Intro 30 days unlimited for $45. No need to come downtown to get bendy if you live in Kanata.
- Here and Now Yoga (Alta Vista). Another new kid on the block. Private home yoga studio. Hatha, Yin, Baby & Me, Prenatal, as well as some fun workshops and events.
- Inner Revolution (Kanata). Intro offer is $45 which comes with a free personal yoga assessment. That’s kinda cool, right?
We also don’t want to forget all the GoodLife and Movati studios throughout Ottawa that have excellent yoga classes too. Finally, we are always keeping our eyes and ears open for fun yoga events throughout the fall, but we welcome your “hot” yoga tips—tag #APT613 on social.
Remember, Parliament Hill Yoga is only 300 days away!