For its inaugural North American tour, this remarkable young company directed by Arts Laureate Shona McCullagh offers up a program as rich and diverse as its South Pacific homeland. The Geography of an Archipelago by Stephen Shropshire is a striking trio set to a powerful, percussive score that includes the haunting sounds of the taonga pourou (Māori traditional instruments); In Transit by Māori multidisciplinary artist Louise Potiki Bryant is a striking reflection on the role of ritual; and, Sigan by Korean choreographer KIM Jae Duk, is a riveting quartet that draws from dual themes of attack and meditation.
- Unsung Heroes of Brunch: Best of Ottawa’s Oatmeal Scene
- Dance preview: Split at the National Arts Centre—10.24.19 to 10.26.19
- Theatre Review: Old Stock at the NAC—until 10.27.19
- Escape Rooms: Can you break Apartment613’s record at Makerspace North?
- Theatre Review: Fresh Meat 8 Closing Weekend