For its inaugural North American tour, this remarkable young company directed by Arts Laureate Shona McCullagh offers up a program as rich and diverse as its South Pacific homeland. The Geography of an Archipelago by Stephen Shropshire is a striking trio set to a powerful, percussive score that includes the haunting sounds of the taonga pourou (Māori traditional instruments); In Transit by Māori multidisciplinary artist Louise Potiki Bryant is a striking reflection on the role of ritual; and, Sigan by Korean choreographer KIM Jae Duk, is a riveting quartet that draws from dual themes of attack and meditation.
- CKCU radio host Chris White streaming Canadian Spaces on Facebook Live
- Ottawa independent art space Possible Worlds crowdfunds to support move from Chinatown to Hintonburg
- Weekend Roundup: Living on Feelings Edition
- Harea Band’s New Single ‘Mess With Me ft. Aspects’
- Interview: New NAC Orchestra managing director Arna Einarsdóttir talks about why she’s so excited to work at the new and improved NAC