New Orleans is a musical melting pot that has been cooking up music royalty for nearly a century. The New Orleans Jazz Orchestra, now in its seventeenth year, is dedicated to preserving the tradition of New Orleans music and culture while exploring the works of artists that would be considered outside of the realm of jazz. Allen Toussaint and his music have influenced decades of musicians, bands, composers and listeners alike. Not only in New Orleans, but globally. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. To cover Toussaint’s music with integrity and love was important to The New Orleans Jazz Orchestra’s Artistic Director, Adonis Rose, especially since he felt it was perfect long before any artists covered it. It is The New Orleans Jazz Orchestra’s mission and responsibility to honor all New Orleans musicians and expose their music to the world and share the many contributions they have made to the arts.
- CKCU 93.1FM is off the air for unexpected repairs—listen live and on demand at ckcu.fm
- Ottawa Pops Orchestra’s Stories Through Music shares playlists and insights from local artists and personalities
- Curious & Kind hosts weekly virtual artist meetup series: Iridescent Robot Storytelling Club
- 613 Geotours: What the heck is a stromatolite?
- Ottawa arts and culture jobs—July 2020