THE HAPPENING PERMANENT ART GRANT CALL OUT: DUE FEBRUARY 25, 2019
Attention artists, do you have a creative idea for a permanent art installation in Wellington West? The HAPPENING invites all interested artists to submit proposals for the 2018 HAPPENING Permanent Art Grant. The funds for this project come from our 2018 festival. Please read the following carefully. You can see previous winning projects below.
In order for your project to be considered for the $3,000 Permanent Art Grant, your submission must include the following:
- The artist’s/artists’ full name(s); email address; phone number. You do not need to be a resident in Wellington West.
- Brief bio of artist(s) and examples of your previous projects.
- A complete sketch or photograph of the proposed art project.
- A clear description of what the project would look like and full details how it would be installed and survive outside in our Canadian climate.
- A clear description and photo of where the project would be located.
- Proof of permission letter from the property owner and the tenant for where the project will be located.
- The understanding that the project must be permanent and fully visible/accessible to the general public.
- A commitment to complete the project no later than May 24, 2019.
Please email all of this information in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals must be submitted by midnight on February 25 , 2019.
The winner will be selected by a jury of local residents, artists and volunteers of The HAPPENING.
The winner of the previous year is not eligible to submit a proposal.
The announcement of the winner will be made in March 2019. Thank you for your interest! We are looking forward to reading your creative proposals.
Please share with your networks!