Enjoy some holiday treats and join Museum of Nature President Meg Beckel for an overview of the museum’s achievements in biodiversity research, collections, exhibitions and education. Then hear about the museum’s cutting-edge science with the newly opened National Biodiversity Cryobank of Canada – a repository for super-cooled animal tissue and DNA samples. Free admission. 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Information: 613-566-4781; firstname.lastname@example.org. (Then stay to visit the museum, which is open Thursdays from 5 to 8 p.m.).
- SHE BIZ online marketplace connects women with women-led business
- Community Builders: The many causes that motivate Ali Tejpar
- Gig Pick: Patrick Watson at the NAC—01.19.19
- Happy Heart Vegan Gourmet makes aged vegan cheese with European influences
- Digital currency BTZ gives Bunz users more options for trading locally