Siting influences as broad as Harmonium, Frank Zappa, Mr. Bungle, and Radiohead, Philipe Brach’s expansive folk-rock is firmly planted in 70’s psych. When he amps it up, irreverent narratives collide with woozy guitar solos, and vertiginous jam outs. At his most delicate, atmospheric string arrangements accompany literate song-poems not unlike British folk hero Nick Drake, or psychedelic-pop maverick Scott Walker. We are thrilled to present this rising star of Quebec’s art-folk underground!
- Exhibition: Republic of the Other at Gallery 101—until 02.09.19
- Gig Pick: The Commotions at Irene’s Pub—01.18.19
- Architecture Photos: University of Ottawa at Dusk
- Highlights: 9 theatre picks for the winter 2019 season
- Gig Pick: Barney Bentall at Neat Coffee Shop—01.16.19