Hailing from the north shore of the St. Laurence, Matiu stands on the far side of all things processed and artificial, where serenity meets grit. Embodying a unique dichotomy, Matiu explores everyday themes through multiple lenses, from the city to the reservation. From the community of Mani-Utenam, he looks outward, channeling his people’s history and future. With his sandpaper vocals his explores both sides of every coin, fully accepting life’s unpredictability, regardless of the odds.
- The Carleton Cup is the ultimate Canadian triathlon, for a cause—01.26.19
- Tiny venue GigSpace a big draw for jazz listeners
- Gig Pick: Loon Choir at Irene’s Pub—01.26.19
- Gig Pick: Dan Mangan at Algonquin Commons Theatre—01.29.19
- SHE BIZ online marketplace connects women with women-led business