Indigenous Experiences offer a rare opportunity to experience the rich culture, teachings and history of Canada’s First People from their own perspective. Their talented team of Aboriginal artists, represent the Indigenous community of Ottawa today – a diversity of native nations from across Canada (or Turtle Island as we know it). They pride themselves on delivering a truly authentic experience that illustrates both the diversity of the Aboriginal cultures originating in Canada, and how they’ve progressed through the ages. Turtle Island Tourism Company was formed in partnership with the Odawa Native Friendship Centre, a cultural centre serving the Aboriginal community in the Capital region. It is through forming and maintaining partnerships within the Aboriginal community that ensures the authenticity of their presentations. Their programs bring this rich history to life with authentic learning experiences of Indigenous history, culture and arts – disguised as fun and interactive experiences. Audience members will have the opportunity to participate in traditional activities that provide insight into historical and contemporary Native life.
- Festival Preview: Ottawa Adventure Film Festival—11.15.19 to 11.24.19
- Gig Pick: Moist at Bronson Centre Music Theatre—11.13.19
- Concert Review: Roseman, Modren, and Bibik-Chabukiana play Schubert and Brahms in the MacKay Concert Series
- First-ever CRANIUM Festival hip-hops through the capital—11.14.19 to 11.16.19
- Concert Review: Harry’s Musical World by Ottawa Pops Orchestra