Lucy Guerin heads one of Australia’s most fearless dance companies, and her award-winning duet Split is one of her most celebrated; a sharp and elegant work that is at once abstract and dramatic. Dancers Lilian Steiner and Ashley McLellan, one clothed and one naked, masterfully perform a dance that grows in intensity as the dimensions of space and time diminish. With a percussive score by UK composer Scanner, Split will transport you while offering a poignant reflection on the dilemmas of negotiating with oneself and others in an increasingly complex world.
- Award-winning Syrian-Canadian author Danny Ramadan speaks in Ottawa—11.22.19
- Ottawa author/illustrator Jessica B. Bartram presents Ghost Water Kiss—11.21.19 at Octopus Books
- Theatre Review: A Little Lin Music: A Lin-Manuel Miranda Cabaret at LIVE! on Elgin
- Theatre Review: trace at the NAC—until 11.23.19
- Theatre Review: subDevision at La Nouvelle Scène—until 11.16.19