Lucy Guerin heads one of Australia’s most fearless dance companies, and her award-winning duet Split is one of her most celebrated; a sharp and elegant work that is at once abstract and dramatic. Dancers Lilian Steiner and Ashley McLellan, one clothed and one naked, masterfully perform a dance that grows in intensity as the dimensions of space and time diminish. With a percussive score by UK composer Scanner, Split will transport you while offering a poignant reflection on the dilemmas of negotiating with oneself and others in an increasingly complex world.
- Hottawa: Great flavours and heat from seven local hot sauce makers
- Show your support for black Ottawa artists on Bandcamp today
- Interview: Dance teacher and choreographer Suzan Richards
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire ?
- Talking Albums: Marie-Clo