A staple of the Canadian arts scene for almost 20 years, Workman boasts a catalogue of 15 solo releases showcasing his now signature spectrum of sonic influence, from cabaret to electro-pop to anthemic rock and plenty in between. The accolades amassed include JUNO nods and wins and widespread critical acclaim. As a producer, his fingerprints grace releases by JUNO and Polaris Prize nominees and winners like Tegan and Sara, Sarah Slean, Serena Ryder, Hey Rosetta!, and Great Big Sea. He’s also penned melodies with a myriad of artists, from Oscar award winning Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose, Inception) to French rock icon Johnny Hallyday. Hawksley’s touring career has seen him play nearly a thousand shows worldwide. He’s headlined prestigious venues like Massey Hall in Toronto and The Olympia in Paris, and opened for heroes Morrissey, David Bowie, and The Cure.
- A treasure trove of art resources at the Ottawa School of Art Orléans Campus
- Interview: USS at Dragon Boat Festival
- Gig Photos: Chicago at Jazzfest
- A roundup of free Welcoming Ottawa Week events—until 06.30.19
- Theatre Review: Avenue Q at The Gladstone Theatre—until 06.29.31