A staple of the Canadian arts scene for almost 20 years, Workman boasts a catalogue of 15 solo releases showcasing his now signature spectrum of sonic influence, from cabaret to electro-pop to anthemic rock and plenty in between. The accolades amassed include JUNO nods and wins and widespread critical acclaim. As a producer, his fingerprints grace releases by JUNO and Polaris Prize nominees and winners like Tegan and Sara, Sarah Slean, Serena Ryder, Hey Rosetta!, and Great Big Sea. He’s also penned melodies with a myriad of artists, from Oscar award winning Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose, Inception) to French rock icon Johnny Hallyday. Hawksley’s touring career has seen him play nearly a thousand shows worldwide. He’s headlined prestigious venues like Massey Hall in Toronto and The Olympia in Paris, and opened for heroes Morrissey, David Bowie, and The Cure.
- What do people really think about Ottawa’s new LRT?
- Gig Photos: Day 3 at CityFolk
- Shortlisted for the Polaris Music Prize, Hull’s FET.NAT performs in the gala tonight 09.16.19—Free live stream via CBC Music
- Help us uncover Ottawa: Apt613 is hosting an open house to meet new collaborators
- Exhibition: UNCEDED: Voices of the Land—until 03.22.20 at the Canadian Museum of History