Born in a tent and raised in a cabin on the shores of a glacial lake in the Kluane region of Canada’s Yukon, country-roots artist Diyet is a seamless amalgam of cultures. Via folk music and Aboriginal forms, she channels her various linages (Southern Tutchone, Japanese, Tlingit and Scottish) into stories and melodies deeply rooted in her Indigenous world view, and northern reality. The owner of a formidable voice, she performs as a trio with husband/guitarist/collaborator, Robert van Lieshout, and multi- instrumentalist, Bob Hamilton. Diyet’s music is an adventurous show and tell, effortlessly balancing modernity and tradition.
- Gig Photos: Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson at CTC—08.16.19
- Festival of Small Halls puts city and rural elbow-to-elbow in a unique space for Chef’s Table parties
- Richmond Road opens up for the Westboro FUSE Street Festival—08.17.19 & 08.18.19
- Gig Pick: The Beaches at Neat Coffee Shop—08.16.19 & 08.17.19
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire ?