Born in a tent and raised in a cabin on the shores of a glacial lake in the Kluane region of Canada’s Yukon, country-roots artist Diyet is a seamless amalgam of cultures. Via folk music and Aboriginal forms, she channels her various linages (Southern Tutchone, Japanese, Tlingit and Scottish) into stories and melodies deeply rooted in her Indigenous world view, and northern reality. The owner of a formidable voice, she performs as a trio with husband/guitarist/collaborator, Robert van Lieshout, and multi- instrumentalist, Bob Hamilton. Diyet’s music is an adventurous show and tell, effortlessly balancing modernity and tradition.
- Theatre Review: The Revolutionists at The Gladstone Theatre—until 02.23.19
- Theatre Review: Broken Tailbone at undercurrents festival—until 02.16.19
- Weekend Roundup: Valentine’s Edition
- Take Apt613’s Big O-Town Sex Survey
- Gig Pick: Arkells at the Canadian Tire Centre—02.15.19