Winner of the 2011 Latin Grammy Award in the “best classical album” category, the Brazilian Guitar Quartet has established itself as one of world’s leading guitar ensembles. Praised by the Washington Post for its “seductive beauty” and “virtuosic gusto,” the group’s unique combination, of regular six-string and extended-range, eight-string guitars, allows for the exploration of an original and unusual repertoire. They have performed around the world to ecstatic audience responses and garnering rave reviews.
- Interview: Meat and Bone creator Kat Verhoeven—08.24.19 talk at the Ottawa Public Library
- Gig Pick: João Gilberto tribute concert at Festival Japan—08.23.19
- CityMakers: Interview with NCC urban planner Stan Leinwand
- Community Builder: Ottawa’s Muslim organizations are breaking down barriers and strengthening communities
- Gig Photos: Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson at CTC—08.16.19