Critically acclaimed and SOCAN Song Award winner 2015 Antoine Corriveau redefines himself from album to album whilst imposing his racy song-writing style. Both bared down and unpolished, then sometimes magnified by rich orchestral arrangements, he has refined his firm and balanced voice out of the ashes of Dylan, Waits and Nick Cave. The musician distills darkness, extracting a range of felted gleams with his hoarse and dusty tone. He drives his tales along a wild, cloudy and engaging plot, embracing the transgressions and improbabilities of the human psyche under a shroud of empathy. Deepening his quest on Cette chose qui cognait au creux de sa poitrine sans vouloir s’arrêter, the artist shows himself under a new horizon. With themes exploring small deaths that line our every path, the poetry is in deep contrast with luminous sounds, with wide spaces for strings, piano, brass, and vocal harmonies.
- Community Builder: Ottawa’s Muslim organizations are breaking down barriers and strengthening communities
- Gig Photos: Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson at CTC—08.16.19
- Festival of Small Halls puts city and rural elbow-to-elbow in a unique space for Chef’s Table parties
- Richmond Road opens up for the Westboro FUSE Street Festival—08.17.19 & 08.18.19
- Gig Pick: The Beaches at Neat Coffee Shop—08.16.19 & 08.17.19