Danced to the soulful music of treasured singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell, The Fiddle and the Drum was the first in Alberta Ballet’s popular series of portrait ballets. For this beautiful contemporary ballet, Mitchell chose 14 of her more powerful songs to be illuminated by the captivating choreography of artistic director Jean Grand-Maître. With her celebrated imagery as scenic design, the remarkable athleticism of the company’s dancers will astound you. Part social commentary, part celebration, this is one work you will not want to miss on its 10th anniversary tour.
- Gig Photos: Twenty One Pilots at the CTC
- In conversation with playwright Darrah Teitel: The Omnibus Bill—opening 05.31.19
- Tiny west end bike shop Woodward Bicycle Co. is outgrowing its backyard location
- U of O students and the Ottawa Hospital are developing VR applications to help patients through treatment
- Ottawa startup Memair makes YouTube metrics meaningful to empower educators