Danced to the soulful music of treasured singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell, The Fiddle and the Drum was the first in Alberta Ballet’s popular series of portrait ballets. For this beautiful contemporary ballet, Mitchell chose 14 of her more powerful songs to be illuminated by the captivating choreography of artistic director Jean Grand-Maître. With her celebrated imagery as scenic design, the remarkable athleticism of the company’s dancers will astound you. Part social commentary, part celebration, this is one work you will not want to miss on its 10th anniversary tour.
- Maker Faire 2019 is postponed indefinitely
- Artist-run centre SAW reopens and showcases Ottawa’s vibrant arts community
- Theatre Review: 2 Pianos 4 Hands at the NAC—until 08.03.19
- Season Preview: Chamberfest announces their 2019–2020 Concert Series lineup
- Smoky Sundays pairs beer and BBQ at Flora Hall