Danced to the soulful music of treasured singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell, The Fiddle and the Drum was the first in Alberta Ballet’s popular series of portrait ballets. For this beautiful contemporary ballet, Mitchell chose 14 of her more powerful songs to be illuminated by the captivating choreography of artistic director Jean Grand-Maître. With her celebrated imagery as scenic design, the remarkable athleticism of the company’s dancers will astound you. Part social commentary, part celebration, this is one work you will not want to miss on its 10th anniversary tour.
- Coconut Lagoon chef launches his first cookbook
- The Ottawa Champions open season at RCGT Park this long weekend—05.17.19 to 05.20.19
- Ottawa 67’s playoffs may be over, but it was an exciting ride
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire ?
- Glebe Neighbourhood Activities Group’s annual art show and sale—until 06.07.19