Cet article est également disponible en français.
Call for applications: Cultural journalism internship with Apt613 and Le Pressoir
Le Pressoir and Apartment613 are proud to announce a new partnership offering an opportunity for two journalists and two editors to participate in a paid internship in cultural journalism, ranging from 4 to 8 weeks. This innovative project aims to encourage collaboration between the cultural communities of Ottawa and Gatineau. It’s also our goal to promote bilingualism and encourage bilingual journalists to perfect their second language.
In practise, the two journalists—accompanied by two editors—will produce coverage for Apt613.ca and LePressoir.ca in both official languages, including articles written in English to promote francophone culture in the Ottawa-Gatineau region. During their internship, the journalists will also have the opportunity to propose their own projects, contribute to other activities at Apt613 and Le Pressoir, and participate in one-off events.
This internship is an opportunity to network in the local arts and cultural sector, to develop a journalism portfolio, and to grow comfortable working in your second language. We thank l’Association des communautés francophones d’Ottawa for their financial support, which makes this project possible.
General mandate of the program
- Increase practical skills for cultural journalists, producers and editors.
- Develop a bilingual, local network of community journalists, cultural workers, artists and producers.
- Provide digital media tools and our Apt613.ca + LePressoir.ca team resources to the participants.
- Facilitate networking within the arts community across sectors, bridges and disciplines.
- Develop a culture of investment in local community media.
- Demonstrate the value of a paid cultural/community journalism workforce in Ottawa-Gatineau.
Call for applicants
- Two (2) bilingual editors.
- Two (2) bilingual journalists.
- The internship will last four (4) weeks or eight (8) weeks according to the applicants’ preference and schedule.
- An honorarium of $1,500.00 will be offered to each editor and journalist.
- The internship will begin in November 2021 and end before December 31, 2021.