In April 2020, just after the start of the pandemic, Apt613 contributors created a gigantic roundup of local restaurants offering takeout while indoor dining was limited or prohibited. Some of those restaurants had always offered takeout, but many were dine-in establishments that were pivoting to takeaway for the first time. We wanted to offer our support for the many (many!) local food businesses that were struggling or trying something new.
Nearly two years later, with indoor dining closed once again, we have updated the list and are once again urging readers to support their favourite places in this difficult time.
- Obviously, ours is not an exhaustive list. Readers, please pop us an email at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or better yet, leave a comment below if you want to add a restaurant.
- We checked Google and social media accounts for current opening hours and takeout policies, so while we hope most of it is accurate, some of it may not be. That’s why we recommend always phoning or emailing the restaurant before placing an order.
- Local restaurants: If you are offering takeout and you are not on the list but would like to be, let us know! We’ll happily add you.
- If you do place an order, please consider picking it up yourself to help save the restaurant and yourself some delivery fees. Obviously, follow all public health requirements when doing so.
- And please, tip as generously as you can. This is winter #3 of the pandemic and times are hard out there.