Tune in to Apartment613 Live every Wednesday at 9 p.m. on CHUO 89.1 FM. If you miss it, you can catch this week’s show using the handy Soundcloud widget below. And remember to subscribe to the podcast version of the show on iTunes.
This week was all about young, local talent hitting the Ottawa art scene. Our first interview was with Katherine Lawson, one of the organizers and artists participating in this year’s Ottawa University Bachelor of Arts Grad Show ‘Preface’. We met to discuss the Fine Arts program, as well as what to expect from the show this year. Preface will be on view at Ottawa University’s Department of Visual Arts from Tuesday April 22nd-Saturday April 26th 2014 between 8:00a.m.-6:00p.m. The official Vernissage takes place this Friday April 25th from 7:00p.m.-10:00p.m.
We also sat down for a chat with Phil Osborne, a multimedia artist featured over at Saw Gallery’s current exhibit: New Ottawa Artist Spotlight to get an idea about his work and his philosophy about making art. That show is on until Sunday April 26th: check it out!
Music featured this week included brand new Hornettes single, as well as music from some local artists and a few folks who are playing in town this weekend!
- The Acorn– “Crooked Legs”
- The Brothers Chaffey– “Welcomed You In” – The band will be playing Sunday April 27th 6:00p.m. at Atomic Rooster
- The Hornettes– New original song “The One that Got Away” – Playing for the Tulip Festival Opening May 9th 2014
- Cardboard Crowns– “Global Citizen” – The band will be playing Friday April 25th at Mavericks
- Freak Motif– “La Casa Blanca” – The band plays at Mercury Lounge April 24th at 9:00p.m.