Join Apt613 for the next session of 613U Summer School. Our pwyc workshop series has tips and tricks for bloggers, citizen journalists, community volunteers, and arts communicators.
We hope you’re ready for another session of 613U Summer School. Registration opens on August 1, 2018.
Download the 2018 program guide.
For a close look at the course descriptions, click here to download the 2018 Summer School program. We’re offering five workshops in August—with more sessions TBA for September:
- August 8: The Citizen Journalist w/ Paul Adams
- August 12: Behind The Scenes of 613TV w/ Hingman Leung & Chantalle Clarkin
- August 22: Captivating Your Audience w/ Penny Lee Colbourne
- August 22: With The Lights On w/ Penny Lee Colbourne
- August 29: DIY Recording Techniques w/ Erin Flynn
- September 12: Podcasting For Beginners w/ Mathieu Fortin
- September 19: Podcasting For Beginners w/ Mathieu Fortin
- September 26: Podcasting For Beginners w/ Mathieu Fortin
- October 3: Podcasting pour les débutants avec Mathieu Fortin
- October 10: Podcasting pour les débutants avec Mathieu Fortin
Many thanks should be bestowed upon our professional instructors, who are volunteering to lead these evening and weekend classes.
Enroll at apt613.ca/613U after registration opens on August 1, 2018.
Apartment613 Community Initiatives is a registered not-for-profit. Our main activity is Apt613.ca, a hyper-local Ottawa arts and culture blog, named ‘Best Community New Website’ by the Canadian Online Publishing Awards in 2017. It’s a platform for news and ideas, arts previews, podcasts and videos produced by a team of 100+ volunteer contributors.
To further its mandate of facilitating community engagement, Apt613 launched 613U in March 2017, a series of media resources designed for local cultural groups, businesses and citizen journalists, with the goal of improving their capacity to communicate about cultural happenings and local issues. Following a successful pilot year, we have devoted to expanding the 613U program, producing new online resources, and further developing the workshop series as a permanent piece of our not-for-profit activities.
Apartment613 wishes to thank the Ontario Trillium Foundation and The Fulbright Canada-U.S. Embassy in Ottawa Community Leadership Program for their financial support of this project.
Cheers to Beau’s All Natural Brewing Co. for championing Apt613 since Day 1.