The World Remembers is a unique opportunity for remembrance, reconciliation and education. To mark the WWI Centenary, we will project in light the 680,000 names of those killed in 1917 on the Government Conference Centre in Ottawa. 21,000 Canadian names, including those killed at Vimy and Passchendaele, will appear as well as those from thirteen other nations. Each name will appear at a designated hour and minute. You can search for the exact appearance time of any name at www.theworldremembers.ca. The display, made possible by the support of Commemorate Canada, will start at sunset September 24th and run each night until sunrise November 11th. Please join us for this historic event.
- Playlist: 16 tracks to introduce you to the HoP 2017 lineup
- Gig Pick: The Robert Cray Band at Algonquin Commons Theatre — 25.08.17
- Hockey royalty will throw first pitch at the Champions game this Thursday night
- The Sussex Contemporary: Ottawa’s newest gallery for emerging Canadian Contemporary
- Gig Photos: Arboretum Festival 2017