The World Remembers is a unique opportunity for remembrance, reconciliation and education. To mark the WWI Centenary, we will project in light the 680,000 names of those killed in 1917 on the Government Conference Centre in Ottawa. 21,000 Canadian names, including those killed at Vimy and Passchendaele, will appear as well as those from thirteen other nations. Each name will appear at a designated hour and minute. You can search for the exact appearance time of any name at www.theworldremembers.ca. The display, made possible by the support of Commemorate Canada, will start at sunset September 24th and run each night until sunrise November 11th. Please join us for this historic event.
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire ?
- Podcast: April Wine’s Brian Greenway
- Pop-up history: Turning Ottawa’s streetscapes into museum exhibits
- Ottawa Therapy Dogs: The healing power of fur
- Old growth timber gets new life as bluetooth speakers made in the Ottawa Valley