TAK is a New York-based quintet that delivers energetic and virtuosic performances of contemporary classical music. The ambitious ensemble “impresses with the organicity of their sound, their dynamism and virtuosity — and, well, just a dash of IDGAF as they slay the thorniest material like it’s nothing” (Q2 Music). Dedicated to the commissioning of new works and direct collaboration with composers and other artists, TAK promotes ambitious programming at the highest level, fostering engagement both within the contemporary music community and the artistic community at large. Their debut album “Ecstatic Music: TAK plays Taylor Brook” was released by New Focus Recordings in September 2016, to critical acclaim; it was featured as Q2 Music’s Album of the Week by WQXR, and was listed in the Top 10 Classical Albums of 2016 by The Boston Globe, which praised the “young, fearless players’… fluid grace and confidence.”
- Museum of Nature gets tropical with Butterflies in Flight
- Foodie Friday: 4 Degrees Brewing Company
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire ?
- Meet Guy Hobeika, Ottawa’s most influential Snapchat artist
- Podcast: Ottawa 67’s head coach André Tourigny