TACTICS—Ottawa’s indie theatre series—presents “The Hottentot Venus-Untold” created and performed by Jacqui du Toit. An original theatrical storytelling based on the life and death of Sarah Baartman, one of the first indigenous African women from the Khoisan clan to be taken from her home in Cape Town, South Africa and put on display as a “freak” show at 225 Piccadilly, London in 1810.
- Recovery Day 2017: a celebration of hope
- Video: OIAF 2017 festival trailer
- Podcast: Recovery Day Ottawa organizers Gord Garner and Raylene Lang-Dion
- Theatre Preview: GCTC opens season with a darkly funny look at dating culture, You Are Happy
- Theatre Review: Onegin at the National Arts Centre