TACTICS—Ottawa’s indie theatre series—presents “The Hottentot Venus-Untold” created and performed by Jacqui du Toit. An original theatrical storytelling based on the life and death of Sarah Baartman, one of the first indigenous African women from the Khoisan clan to be taken from her home in Cape Town, South Africa and put on display as a “freak” show at 225 Piccadilly, London in 1810.
- Foodie Friday: Rooftop Beats + Brunch is a brunch lover’s dream
- Madame Adina : une enquête policière sur fond de communisme
- Exhibition: Beneath the Tame at Gallery 101
- Blue Sky School lighting the way to an education model of the future
- Podcast: Singer-songwriter Iskwé coming to the NAC