TACTICS—Ottawa’s indie theatre series—presents “The Hottentot Venus-Untold” created and performed by Jacqui du Toit. An original theatrical storytelling based on the life and death of Sarah Baartman, one of the first indigenous African women from the Khoisan clan to be taken from her home in Cape Town, South Africa and put on display as a “freak” show at 225 Piccadilly, London in 1810.
- The Writes of Spring: Tim Baker, Amelia Curran, Donovan Woods & Hawksley Workman join up for a songwriters’ circle on Friday night
- Year End Exhibition at the School of the Photographic Arts: Ottawa
- Gig photos: The Acorn at St. Alban’s Church
- Ottawa Public Library annual report shows off a year of milestones and innovations
- 2017 Writersfest lineup showcases 40+ acclaimed Canadian and international authors