TACTICS—Ottawa’s indie theatre series—presents “The Hottentot Venus-Untold” created and performed by Jacqui du Toit. An original theatrical storytelling based on the life and death of Sarah Baartman, one of the first indigenous African women from the Khoisan clan to be taken from her home in Cape Town, South Africa and put on display as a “freak” show at 225 Piccadilly, London in 1810.
- Gig photos: ONE OK ROCK at Algonquin Commons Theatre
- Ottawa Champions play host to the All Star Game
- La Machine brings monsters to delight and amaze
- Mom Friends: building the ultimate care package for new mothers
- Canada Scene: Anishinabekwe celebrates Canada’s finest female Indigenous voices