Skeleton Key is performing Swan River on Petrie Island September 14th-16th presented by the Shenkman Arts Centre! There are 6 performances with limited seating, so we recommend purchasing your tickets early to avoid disappointment (we sold out nearly our entire run of the show at the Ottawa Children’s Festival this past May!). You can purchase tickets here.
ABOUT THE SHOW
Help siblings Pen and Cob solve the mystery of the town of Swan River! An outdoor theatrical adventure for the whole family, Swan River is based on the tale of the Swan Maiden. In this play, the audience follows the performers along Petrie Island’s gorgeous Sunrise Trail. This presentation is a creative collaboration between over a dozen local artists from across disciplines over the span of several years. To learn more about the show and the company, click here. You can also meet some of the people of the town of Swan River by checking out our Swan River Field Guide – a free online guide to adventure in your own backyard!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE
- Petrie Island is located at 727 Trim Road in Orléans. Here is the link to the location on Google maps (only a 20-minute drive from downtown). There is free parking at Petrie Island adjacent to and within walking distance of the performance site.
- Audiences should meet at the entrance to Petrie just over the bridge by the City of Ottawa sign (there will be a front-of-house tent and signage)
- This show is for anyone 5+ – kids and grown-ups can all enjoy it!
- The performance runs 60 minutes and there is some walking involved: the audience will walk with the performers down the Sunrise Trail (the trail is quite flat, though not paved; a portion of the play takes place on a sandy beach)
- There are public washrooms at the Main Pavilion on the Island
- The show takes place rain or shine, so please dress for the weather. In the case of extreme weather conditions, a concert version of the show will take place indoors at the Shenkman Arts Centre (245 Centrum Boulevard)