Celebrate National Indigenous Peoples Day in Canada’s Capital with fabulous Indigenous music, art, food and fun. FREE admission! Learn about Inuit, First Nations and Métis cultures. All weekend long, everyone is welcome to the Pow Wow, Family Fun Zone, Indigenous food, art and fashion marketplace, and cultural pavilions. On June 21st, the festival hosts 5000 elementary students during “Education Day,” and a free screening of Indian Horse. APTN’s Indigenous Day Live Concert is on June 23rd. NEW, for our 2018 theme “From The Land”: An Indigenous Culinary Experience! Our Indigenous chefs, David Wolfman, Cezin Nottaway, Brian Yazzie and others, will offer exquisite indigenous fusion dishes crafted from local ingredients. Join us June 22nd for Long Table Lunch and Dinner Feasts, with entertainment by Silla + Rise and Cris Derkson.
- Summer Recipes: Turkish Grape Leaf Wraps
- At-risk youth are cooking up great catering with FoodWorks
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire ?
- Champions season hits the half way mark
- Community Builders: EcoEquitable and the power of work