Under the direction of Kevin Reeves, Seventeen Voyces chamber choir will present “Venus & Adonis” an opera by Dr. John Blow, on Fri. May 26 and Sat. May 27. The opera is the precursor of Purcell’s “Dido & Aeneas”. With soprano Bronwyn Thies-Thompson as Venus, baritone Joel Allison as Adonis, the Ottawa Baroque Consort and Makin’ Moves, Ottawa children’s dance theatre. Adults: $30, students $15, or with Seventeen Voyces subscription series. Available online at www.seventeenvoyces.ca as individual tickets or part of subscription or purchase at Compact Music, Leading Note, Book Bazaar, Herb & Spice, Wellington St.
- The Writes of Spring: Tim Baker, Amelia Curran, Donovan Woods & Hawksley Workman join up for a songwriters’ circle on Friday night
- Year End Exhibition at the School of the Photographic Arts: Ottawa
- Gig photos: The Acorn at St. Alban’s Church
- Ottawa Public Library annual report shows off a year of milestones and innovations
- 2017 Writersfest lineup showcases 40+ acclaimed Canadian and international authors