Under the direction of Kevin Reeves, Seventeen Voyces chamber choir will present “Venus & Adonis” an opera by Dr. John Blow, on Fri. May 26 and Sat. May 27. The opera is the precursor of Purcell’s “Dido & Aeneas”. With soprano Bronwyn Thies-Thompson as Venus, baritone Joel Allison as Adonis, the Ottawa Baroque Consort and Makin’ Moves, Ottawa children’s dance theatre. Adults: $30, students $15, or with Seventeen Voyces subscription series. Available online at www.seventeenvoyces.ca as individual tickets or part of subscription or purchase at Compact Music, Leading Note, Book Bazaar, Herb & Spice, Wellington St.
- Ottawa: Cinema Capital celebrates Ottawa 2017 with home movies on the big screens
- Review: Anishinabekwe showcases impressive talent
- Exhibition: Open Access at the Ottawa Art Gallery Annex
- Canada Scene: Theatre in the Bush stoked the imagination with Northern talent and lots of play
- Gig photos: ONE OK ROCK at Algonquin Commons Theatre