WE HEART MAKERS!
Freewheeling Craft and Makerspace North have teamed up to bring you the first ever Maker Pitch Party! We have joined forces with epic partners and gathered up prizes to offer up a Pitch Party.
What is a Pitch Party you ask? It’s a showcase and competition for emerging and new modern makers to vie for the ultimate maker prize pack to fuel up their businesses. We will be dedicating this night to celebrate makers in the Ottawa/Gatineau region and reward an emerging one.
We are taking applications from now until September 15th.
We will announce the finalists by September 14th and this crew will present to a judging panel and cheering crowd. Please share wide and tag and hastag!
We want to celebrate Modern Makers by having them present and compete for a great prize pack in front of a group of carefully selected judges. They are maker influencers in their own right so will know exactly which questions to ask the Pitchers.
DETAILS FOR MAKERS
What defines a modern maker?
A maker that is proud of their brand and product/s and wants to both showcase and grow their business.
You should apply if:
You see yourself as a brand rather than a bunch of things you make.
You go to craft events to engage customers and community
You have a business plan and goals
You have a 3 min. elevator pitch to describe your business (that you will share with us)
You realize modern is a business mindset not a stage in life.
Clear branding that carries throughout your product offering.
You are past your grannies craft market and you are selling to more than just your freinds.
You have an ecommerce store or can demonstrate your plans to start one.
Must fall under maker category
Local to Ottawa/Gatineau (50km radius)
Submit business plan with goals + timelines
Your executive summary should be a story about how you are going to make the prize pack work for you.
One minute video intro.
Presentation at the event – 3 min pitch 50% of the mark
Must have attended at least 3 craft shows.
Must have social media accounts
Dom Coballe from N-Product
Emily Arbour from Cheerfully Made Goods + Markets
Steve Morrier of Split Tree Cocktail Co.
Dan Fallak of VersaTile AMAZEBALLS and Coasterly
Julie Ribi Marketing Manager at Hendrick Farm + Freelance Publicist.
– $1000 of cold hard cash.
– Workshops Bucks for the soon to be launched Makerspace North The Creative Lab Incumaker (worth up to $500)
– CampTech $100 gift certificate for their in-person, hands-on digital skills workshops
– Free spot at the Fall for Indie Freewheeling Craft Market the next day (worth $85)
– One on one mentoring with kick-ass maker business leaders in the 613 as follows:
– Steve Morrier from Split Tree Cocktail Co.
– Emily Arbour from Cheerfully Made Goods + Markets
– Amanda Cockburn of Freewheeling Craft
– Boost your creative with a $100 gift certificate to Wallack’s Art Supplies
– BFleming Photography starter kit includes 30 min product shoot including fully edited high res images (with rights) + 30 min one on one training on how to get the most out of your images.
– Ticket to The Guild Ottawa – you are invited to the newest and coolest entrepreneurial event in town.
– 2 YEARS of domain and hosting plus great gear from our friends Rebel.com
Follow the instructions on the application form to qualify:
Good luck to all the Makers!
DETAILS FOR ATTENDEES
Want to come check out the competition and cheer on your fave Makers? Great! Grab a friend and guest tickets and come down. There will be plenty of shmooze time as well before and after the pitch.
Make sure to tag and share with other makers and friends!
#makerpitchparty | @makerspacenorth | @freewheelingcraft