Siting influences as broad as Harmonium, Frank Zappa, Mr. Bungle, and Radiohead, Philipe Brach’s expansive folk-rock is firmly planted in 70’s psych. When he amps it up, irreverent narratives collide with woozy guitar solos, and vertiginous jam outs. At his most delicate, atmospheric string arrangements accompany literate song-poems not unlike British folk hero Nick Drake, or psychedelic-pop maverick Scott Walker. We are thrilled to present this rising star of Quebec’s art-folk underground!
- Holiday craft fair roundup 2018
- Night Lights: Art and Light Festival—11.17.18 & 11.18.18
- Ottawa Adventure Film Festival returns to the Mayfair—11.17.18 to 11.21.18
- Gig Photos: Bahamas at the National Arts Centre—11.10.18
- Theatre Review: Sylvia at The Gladstone—until 11.17.2018