Enjoy this free exploration of the Canadian Museum of Nature’s research and collections facility in Gatineau. 1740 Pink Road, 10 a..m to 4 p.m. Discover the national collections of plants, animals, fossils and minerals, housed in an area equal to five hockey rinks! Meet science experts who curate and study the 14.6 million specimens and artifacts; visit labs where dino fossils are prepared for study and display, and new discoveries are made in the DNA lab and X-ray lab. Special this year: specimens over the decades to celebrate Canada 150, a focus on Arctic, as well as displays from the Bank of Canada Museum, Geological Survey of Canada, and the Students on Ice Foundation. Free parking. No reservations required. Info: 613-566-4700; questions@mus-nature or at nature.ca.
- Throwing the First Pitch, Party!
- Podcast: The cast of No Way to Say Goodbye: Songs of Leonard Cohen
- The Walrus Talks set to disrupt Ottawa
- Enriched Bread Artists celebrates 25 years with an open house
- Le Wild West Show de Gabriel Dumont : une saga historique qui s’annonce flamboyante