Enjoy this free exploration of the Canadian Museum of Nature’s research and collections facility in Gatineau. 1740 Pink Road, 10 a..m to 4 p.m. Discover the national collections of plants, animals, fossils and minerals, housed in an area equal to five hockey rinks! Meet science experts who curate and study the 14.6 million specimens and artifacts; visit labs where dino fossils are prepared for study and display, and new discoveries are made in the DNA lab and X-ray lab. Special this year: specimens over the decades to celebrate Canada 150, a focus on Arctic, as well as displays from the Bank of Canada Museum, Geological Survey of Canada, and the Students on Ice Foundation. Free parking. No reservations required. Info: 613-566-4700; questions@mus-nature or at nature.ca.
- Meet Guy Hobeika, Ottawa’s most influential Snapchat artist
- Podcast: Ottawa 67’s head coach André Tourigny
- Wild in the City: Museum of Nature moonlights as an urban party
- Theatre Review: I was invited on stage for Blind Date at GCTC
- The Internet (as we know it) is in trouble