Enjoy this free exploration of the Canadian Museum of Nature’s research and collections facility in Gatineau. 1740 Pink Road, 10 a..m to 4 p.m. Discover the national collections of plants, animals, fossils and minerals, housed in an area equal to five hockey rinks! Meet science experts who curate and study the 14.6 million specimens and artifacts; visit labs where dino fossils are prepared for study and display, and new discoveries are made in the DNA lab and X-ray lab. Special this year: specimens over the decades to celebrate Canada 150, a focus on Arctic, as well as displays from the Bank of Canada Museum, Geological Survey of Canada, and the Students on Ice Foundation. Free parking. No reservations required. Info: 613-566-4700; questions@mus-nature or at nature.ca.
- Browse the book covers of this year’s Frank Hegyi Award submissions
- Gig Photos: Santana at Canadian Tire Centre—03.18.18
- Broken Social Scene, Sam Roberts Band, Wintersleep headline the 2018 Dragon Boat Festival concert lineup
- Highlights: Cadence Weapon, Ottawa Theatre Challenge, and carried away on the crest of a wave lead show picks for second half of March
- Gig Pick: Santana at the Canadian Tire Centre—03.18.18