Bassoonist and Composer Ben Glossop will be giving a performance of his works Oct 13th at Noon, at Dominion Chalmers United Church. On the program will be one of his oldest works Breathing, which Richard Todd in the Ottawa Citizen described as “A little Gem”. It will be heard along with his most recent work Meandering Mind Songs for reed trio and string quartet. The other work on the program Fever Lines was written at a time when Ben was spending many hours in the hospital caring for a sick member of his family and the frenetic ups and downs of that experience can easily be heard in this short four movement work for clarinet, bassoon, violin and cello.
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire ?
- Video: “In The Drought” by Slack Bridges
- Chamberfest: Angela Hewitt, Z.E.N. Trio, Roby Lakatos are highlights of the 2018 lineup
- Crackup Comedy Night in Canada headliner Derek Edwards chats about comedy and his journey to stand-up
- Tour de Blogosphere: Scene Partners is an Ottawa-made podcast about comedy and life