Bassoonist and Composer Ben Glossop will be giving a performance of his works Oct 13th at Noon, at Dominion Chalmers United Church. On the program will be one of his oldest works Breathing, which Richard Todd in the Ottawa Citizen described as “A little Gem”. It will be heard along with his most recent work Meandering Mind Songs for reed trio and string quartet. The other work on the program Fever Lines was written at a time when Ben was spending many hours in the hospital caring for a sick member of his family and the frenetic ups and downs of that experience can easily be heard in this short four movement work for clarinet, bassoon, violin and cello.
- Foodie Friday: Rooftop Beats + Brunch is a brunch lover’s dream
- Madame Adina : une enquête policière sur fond de communisme
- Exhibition: Beneath the Tame at Gallery 101
- Blue Sky School lighting the way to an education model of the future
- Podcast: Singer-songwriter Iskwé coming to the NAC