Hailing from the north shore of the St. Laurence, Matiu stands on the far side of all things processed and artificial, where serenity meets grit. Embodying a unique dichotomy, Matiu explores everyday themes through multiple lenses, from the city to the reservation. From the community of Mani-Utenam, he looks outward, channeling his people’s history and future. With his sandpaper vocals his explores both sides of every coin, fully accepting life’s unpredictability, regardless of the odds.
- Holiday craft fair roundup 2018
- Night Lights: Art and Light Festival—11.17.18 & 11.18.18
- Ottawa Adventure Film Festival returns to the Mayfair—11.17.18 to 11.21.18
- Gig Photos: Bahamas at the National Arts Centre—11.10.18
- Theatre Review: Sylvia at The Gladstone—until 11.17.2018