Three women in their thirties come “home” to the East Coast to be with their dying mother. Each in their own way tries to deal with the painful loneliness brought about by the lives they have chosen for themselves. The three women are a curious, troubled bunch. Agnes, whose hand is rarely without a drink, fled their rural Canadian home to make her way as an actor in Toronto; she’s brought her personal theatrics with her on this trip home. Theresa is a nun who farms with her convent; a sliver of doubt has entered her life. And then there’s Louise, who has all but retreated from adult life in favour of disappearing into the world of soap operas and serials.
- Foodie Friday: Merry Dairy
- Podcast: Singer-songwriter Luke Austin
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire?
- Gig Pick: Cadence Weapon to debut new tracks at Arboretum Festival
- GoodTalk: Making comment sections worth watching