Waking up to a summer rain storm, or the Sunday noises of a quiet house: minimalist piano has a way of conjuring that sense of calm, and evoking memories you’d long forgotten. Montreal’s Jean-Michel Blais’ (Arts & Crafts) enchanting instrumental compositions pair the melodic pop sensibilities of Amélie-era Yann Tiersen with the breathtaking technical skill of classical minimalists like Philip Glass and Erik Satie.
- North of 7 Distillery: It’s all about the taste
- Exhibition: Alidade by Rachel Gray at General Assembly
- Exhibition: Alootook Ipellie’s Walking Both Sides of an Invisible Border at Carleton University Art Gallery—until 12.09.18
- Exhibition: Patrice Stanley’s EMPYREAN at the OAG—10.17.18 to 11.18.18
- Gig Photos: Dear Rouge at Bronson Centre—10.12.18