Every year on March 8 volunteers from local, national, and international organizations come together to put on the “biggest event in Ottawa-Gatineau” to celebrate women and recognize their work. This year’s International Women’s Day theme: The Future is Feminist. What to expect? In their words: “The annual Femmy Awards ceremony honouring local feminist change-makers, an activist fair, powerful arts performances, great food and drink, and a dance party!” The 2017 Femmy Awards ceremony is set to go down on Wednesday March 8 at Library and Archives Canada (395 Wellington Street) starting at 6pm. Got kids? No problem – free daycare’s provided! On a budget? It’s free to attend. And in response to the final question burning in everyone’s mind: yes, there will be snacks, and yes, according to the website, they will be free.
- Ottawa’s 2017 Inside Out Film Festival: an overall success with a few missed opportunities
- Kimberly Sunstrum releases a diverse collection of beautifully crafted songs
- Highly anticipated poet Rupi Kaur spoke to a sold out crowd
- Traversée : « une journée qui se déchire, un monde qui se déplace »
- Grey Cup Festival brings more than just a game to Ottawa