Fresh Meat is a pop-up creative playground, where local theatre makers are given a unique opportunity to test new ideas in front of an audience. Each year, a fresh crop of Ottawa theatre artists are invited to create and premiere original 20-minute performance pieces at the two-weekend festival in October. FM7 presents ideas from 30-something local artists that are original, innovative, and that test the traditional boundaries of theatre. Participants have premiered works in a variety of genres, including dance, poetry, burlesque, clown, pantomime, performance art, standup, sketch comedy, storytelling, and many more.
- Queen St. Fare provides a new live music space to the downtown core
- Gig Pick: Paper Beat Scissors at Pressed—12.14.18
- Get your heart rate up and your musical theatre fix on with Broadway Workout—12.13.18
- Theatre Review: The Hockey Sweater: A Musical at the NAC—until 12.23.18
- Carleton University Musical Theatre Ensemble showcases student talent with Songs for a New World